Whether you just bought your new home or you are trying to sell the one you are in, pest control should be on your mind. Most people know that an exterminator is an easy and effective way to rid your home of critters. But, they can be very pricey. So, how can you keep the bugs out of the house while keeping the money in the bank? Here are 5 easy ways:
1. Patch Gaps: Look for holes in doorways, basements, attics and siding that may let bugs in. Be sure to patch those up!
2. Keep Food Off Floor: Whether it is people food or pet food, keep it off the floor. Tidy up the kitchen and sweep often. Crumbs (human or furball) attract pests.
3. Invest in a Dehumidifier: Bugs like damp environments, so getting rid of excess moisture will keep them at bay.
4. Start in the Yard: Clean up branches and plants that may be touching the house. Cover up or move compost and firewood piles. Hang birdfeeders and bat houses to bring in natural bug predators. Burn citronella candles when you're enjoying the outdoors.
5. Buy a Fly Trap: You can purchase these for cheap at most home improvement stores, or you can make your own!
Lang Premier Properties is home to a leading Oakland County Short Sale Realtor. Specializing in all aspects of real estate including Royal Oak, MI short sales, foreclosures and working with home buyers and sellers with Macomb County Luxury homes. When you hire Lang Premier Properties, whether you are purchasing or selling Metro Detroit Real Estate, you can rest assured that you are in good hands.