The Pesky Intruders
As the temperature drops, we comfy up inside our fantastic, warm houses. Tragically, so do bugs and rodents.
If the intruders are as little as a ground dwelling insect or as large as a group of skunks, your best barrier against bugs is close their passage ways into your home. Here's what to do.
- Asses the Exterior
- Concentrate on windows and entryways
- Put screens on vents
- Control your garden and plants
- Double-check repairs
- Monitor the enemy
- Identify the intruder
- Create a Plan
- Know when to hire a professional
Along with these tips here are a few more ideas that will help you combat these pesky pests:
- Install door sweeps on exterior doors and repair damaged screens.
- Screen vents and openings to chimneys.
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of the home, including areas where utilities and pipes enter.
- Store food in airtight containers and dispose of garbage regularly in sealed receptacles.
- Replace loose mortar and weather stripping around the basement foundation and windows.
- Eliminate all moisture sites, including leaking pipes and clogged drains.
- Store firewood at least 20 feet away from the house; keep shrubbery well-trimmed.
- If you suspect a pest infestation in your home, contact a licensed pest professional to inspect, identify and treat the problem.
If you would like more information on your local real estate market, or are first time home buyer not working with a Realtor and would like to schedule a consultation with a qualified Oakland County and Macomb County Realtor, please complete the Lang Premier Properties contact form to have a real estate agent contact you.
Ben Lang is a Birmingham Realtor specializing in Oakland County Real Estate. Ben is an agent with Max Broock in Birmingham, Michigan. See what past clients have to say about Ben Lang. Lang Premier Properties looks out for your best interests when you purchase a new custom luxury home. We always recommend working with an experienced luxury real estate agent when buying a new luxury estate.