Kourtney Kardashian recently purchased a luxurious home in Calabassas, California. The reality television diva wanted a home where she could envision her children, Mason, Penelope, and Reign, during holidays and family celebrations embracing life's childhood adventures.
Kourtney believes her home makeover process is one which will produce lifelong memories; that design is so much more than fabric and paint, rather about creating a sanctuary which encourages creativity and wonderment. In collaboration with Martyn Lawrence Bullard, interior designer, Kourtney has been able to turn her vision into reality.
Kourtney suggests tips for designing the perfect childhood oasis:
1. - Soothing paint palets are a must. Try to choose colors which coincide with the personality of each child while complimenting the remainig home decor.
2. - Children are captivated by fairies and mystery. Choose a theme that invites the imagination to wander. Celestial bodies, animals, and twinkle lights are just a few things that provoke the imagination. Wall murals are also a great feature.
3. - Children love to participate. They want to know that their input is valued and appreciated. Try to incorpoate the suggestions of the children occupying a specific space. The more involved they can be in the design process, the greater the sense of security and enjoyment in their newly renovated space.
4. - Try to create a room that will grow with the child. A primarily neutral palet is one that can be adjusted easily as the child ages. Softer hughes of pinks, for example, are preferred over magenta and hot pink.
5. - Messy play rooms are not necessarily a given as many parents would expect. Bright colored storage bins and creative cabinets are not only eye catching, but foster the desire for a child to utilize the decorative storage options to parental advantage.
6. - Change is a constant. Be flexible in your design and continually learn to appreciate new ways to make spaces more appealing.
For more information, contact Stephanie Lang with Lang Premier Properties using the Lang Premier Properties contact form or call 855.526.4466. Stephanie is an agent with Lang Premier Properties.See what past clients have to say about Stephanie Lang. Lang Premier Properties looks out for your best interests when you purchase a new custom luxury home.