If you've ever purchased a home, you probably went in with a list of items that were non-negotiable. And, along the same lines, you probably had a list of things that would be nice but weren't deal breakers.
If you are on the selling side of the market now, it's a great idea to tap into that information in order to get the most and best offers on your home!
So, what did they find?
- 78% of buyers chose a home with a garage
- 58% purchased a home with a fireplace; and fireplaces were more often part of luxury homes
- Buyers preferred new appliances to granite countertops telling us that convenience was more important than luxury in this area
- Buyers were most likely to pay extra for a waterfront location
- Most buyers wished for more storage and closet space
- Most buyers bought a home with three beds and two full baths
- Half of all homes bought were single level
- 41% of homes sold had some sort of basement (finished basements were most popular with single males); basements were the most popular type of "extra bedroom"
Does your home have any of these desirable features? Make sure you play them up when you prepare your home to sell.
Lang Premier Properties is home to a leading Oakland County Short Sale Realtor. Specializing in all aspects of real estate including Rochester Hills, MI short sales, foreclosures and working with home buyers and sellers with Macomb County Luxury homes.When you hire Lang Premier Properties, whether you are purchasing or selling Metro Detroit Real Estate, you can rest assured that you are in good hands.