If you've ever shopped for or sold a home, you know the wealth of information you can find about the listings online. One stat that is always available is how many days the home has been listed for sale. Buyers tend to steer clear of homes that have been on the market for long periods of time; the assumption usually is that the price must not be right.
But that's not always the case.
There are other factors that may keep buyers from touring your home.
Keep these things in mind when you're opening your home up to potential buyers:
- Be sure your home is easy to find and easy to walk around.
- If you are requiring notice to show your home, make sure it is not above 48 hours.
- Get a lockbox for your door to make it easy for your realtor to bring in people.
- Keep in mind that animals might keep buyers from visiting. Read here for more information.
- Offer as many showing hours as possible.
The bottom line: the more flexible you can be in showing your home, the more likely it is to sell.
Lang Premier Properties is home to a leading Oakland County Short Sale Realtor. Specializing in all aspects of real estate including West Bloomfield, MI short sales, foreclosures and working with home buyers and sellers with Macomb County Luxury homes. When you hire Lang Premier Properties, whether you are purchasing or selling Metro Detroit Real Estate, you can rest assured that you are in good hands.